Finding the right words is a handy skill for many situations.
I have been paid to write:
- Text for an exhibition on the oil industry in Kuwait
- Two genre fiction books
- Event descriptions for science festival brochures
- Copy for a hotel chain’s website
- Press releases
- A paper on genetically modified animals for the Royal Society
- Joke books
- Leaflet and poster copy for performers and performances
I am currently writing a popular science book for Bloomsbury's new imprint, Sigma: more details soon.